Pyrex Bakeware 1-1/2-Quart Loaf Dish, Clear Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pyrex was the first to create a line of glass bakeware so cooks could actually see how their food was cooking. At the time, the idea was revolutionary; now--like all great innovations--we take it for granted. In fact, these days a loaf dish from Pyrex (a company that's been making quality glass products for the better part of a century) costs about as much as a sandwich at your local deli. Not a bad deal, considering this dish works equally well in the oven, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher. Regardless of the type of loaf you're craving--be it cranberry, banana, pumpkin, or carrot--Pyrex's loaf dish gets the job done and transitions beautifully to your table when you're ready to serve. --Meg Heffernan
Customer Review: pyrex bakeware
I had one for a long time, and finally bought 3 more. i make lasagna in bulk and freeze them. then reheat them freezer to oven. perfect.
Customer Review: I bought two
I bought 2 glass loaf dishes to replace old baking dishes, & I have used them for baking breads and for meatloaf. I have been pleased with the performance I expect from Pyrex. I recommend use of a non-stick spray before use to make clean up easy. They can be soaked in hot water to remove residue & are dishwasher-safe on the top rack. Another tip: I was always taught to reduce the baking temperature by 25 degrees with glass cookware. Please do not adjust the temperature with this glass item.


0 comments: